Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Happy Birthday Roarin Rorie




I'm not even sure where to begin.  I didn't think that it was going to hit me as hard as it has that my little baby isn't quite a baby anymore.  This past year has gone by so fast.  It really doesn't even seem possible that my little Roarin Rorie is blowing out 1 birthday candle already.  I'd like to think that the last year has been pretty easy, we made it out with only one bad illness, no major injuries requiring a hospital visit and an over all fairly easy kiddo to handle.  In reality even though we did manage to escape fairly unscathed, it was really hard sometimes.  I honestly wouldn't have had it any other way though.  I wouldn't have changed any of my OCD ways in the beginning with my crazy baby tracking apps and keeping to the schedule.  I wouldn't have changed the fact that somehow I made it a year solely breastfeeding my kiddo.  I wouldn't have changed any of it because we really do have one of the best kids in the whole world.  When she was born I really knew that she was going to need me but I never imagined just how much I needed her.  She really has changed my life in more ways than I can even count.  The amount of just pure love and joy that I feel every single day when I see her is unexplainable.  I don't think that until you finally have a child of your own you really ever understand how it's even possible to love something so much that your heart literally could burst.  She has made me better in so many ways.  She has made me love harder and stronger.  She has made me more aware of everything around me because if something ever happened to her I don't know what I would do.  I love this little girl more than life itself, such a cliche I know, but its for real.  She's brought her daddy and I even closer.  Watching his grow into his daddy role over the last year has truly been amazing to watch.  It was really hard for him at times because of the mommy attachment issues that we had.  I know it killed him some days when he really couldn't do anything to help because of it.  But over the last month or so she has really bonded more with daddy and it's so awesome.  She gets so excited when the door opens at night when he gets home from work now.  It kills me how cute it is.  I could go on and on about the ways that I love her and how awesome it has been to become her mommy but I would never stop.  I'm just so proud that I get to be HER mom.  She really is the best thing ever!




Age 1 Year
Weight 20.6 lbs
Height 31 inches

Clothing Size No real changes here.  She's still mostly in 12 or 18 month stuff when it comes to tops.  And bottoms depending on what they are could be as small as (LOL) 3-6 month.  Yes she has some shorts that are stretchy that are that small and they still totally fit her.  Really thinking now that she's just gonna be tall and skinny.




Sleep We are still doing so good with sleep.  Im dreading the next stage of teething though because I'm sure I'm going to miss these days!  She's fully sleeping through the night still at least 10-11 hours and depending on the day we're varying the naps either 1 or 2 for an hour to almost 2 hours.




Food Final Bottle Strike Tally....{Drumroll Please}   202 days!!  Oh this child. LOL  All in all at the end of the day it is what it is.  She knew how she wanted her milk and she wasn't going to waiver.  In the regular food department though she's done awesome.  She pretty much will eat almost anything that we are eating.  She obviously still has her favorites that are go to's for us when we need something quick.  {String Cheese, Pita and Hummus, any fruit, yogurt}.  She's a big fan of eating cereal like a big girl with mommy in the morning and even wants to drink the milk from the bowl at the end like mommy too.  It's pretty funny and almost like she asks for the bowl when she knows the cereal is gone.  





Activities Whatever she can do while walking around.  She literally is all over the place.  We got her a water table for her birthday and she's loving that.  We also splurged and got a trailer for behind the beach cruisers for her to ride in.  She's loving bike rides. Still has liked going swimming and just loves being outside playing.





Likes The now TWO three dollar big balls from Target.  If she could figure out how to pick them both up at once she would.  I'm convinced at some point this is going to happen.  Loving her teepee a lot again all the sudden.  I find her hiding out in there occasionally.  Loves being outside, to the point where if you ask her if she wants to go outside she walks over to the door and is ready to go.  Loves playing at the park, even more so now that she can wander around a little more easily.







Dislikes Still hates the changing table, she refuses till lay still.  Not a fan of getting something taken away from her.  We're seeing a little more tantrum coming out when it comes to that and telling her no.




Mood 90%happy and hilarious 5%attitude popping up 5%meh lol

Best Moment This Month  For sure when she finally took off and full on started walking.  It was like a switch went off and she went from being pretty timid about it. Her birthday party though in all honesty though was really the best.  She has so many people that love her and came to celebrate with her.  She has no idea how lucky she is.







Looking Forward To Our trip to NY for my family reunion.  I know everyone is so excited to see Rorie.  And for some to meet her for the first time.  We're going to do a birthday cake all over again for her, she's so spoiled.





No comments:

Post a Comment