So how did I do it? Well of course Pinterest gave me the idea. Why wouldn't I have gotten the idea there. A few months back, yes pre engagement when I was already planning on the "Someday <3" board I had pinned this really cool idea on how to ask someone to be your Maid of Honor. I did some editing of what was on there because some of it really just wasn't applicable.
Here is the original link and pin for the idea http://pinterest.com/pin/244883298458228837/
Here is the choice of words I decided to go with:
Will you be my MAID OF HONOR?
Will you be my best friend, my sister, my counselor? Will you hold my hand on my wedding day? Will you make sure to keep telling me to breathe? Will you take my calls at all hours of the day when I’m having “one of those days”? Will you help me pick out the perfect dress even if it’s through multiple text messages, emails, or occasional Skype sessions? Will you help keep my beautiful Bridesmaids here sane when I know I’m going to drive them crazy while you’re not here? Will you stop me from registering for stupid appliances, obnoxious china and other nonsense items you know I’ll never use? And FINALLY, will you hold me dress up when I really need to go pee?
Will you be my best friend, my sister, my counselor? Will you hold my hand on my wedding day? Will you make sure to keep telling me to breathe? Will you take my calls at all hours of the day when I’m having “one of those days”? Will you help me pick out the perfect dress even if it’s through multiple text messages, emails, or occasional Skype sessions? Will you help keep my beautiful Bridesmaids here sane when I know I’m going to drive them crazy while you’re not here? Will you stop me from registering for stupid appliances, obnoxious china and other nonsense items you know I’ll never use? And FINALLY, will you hold me dress up when I really need to go pee?
So I honestly thought this was great but it still needed more! So I decided I really needed a picture of my sister and I from when I was little. I went through some of the pics I had and just really couldn't find the "perfect" one. Decided it was best to call and give Mamma Dukes her first big wedding task. I asked her to go through the hundreds of pictures she had. She finally came across a few but I decided on this one. I was just 7 months old here and clearly my big sister loved me more than anything!! It truly was exactly what I envisioned in my head that was going to complete this gift. I knew it would make her cry. Always my number one goal when giving gifts and cards of importance :)
I found a frame with two 4x6 options and put the picture and words together and it was awesome. I sent everything out this past Monday and the gal said that it should be there in 2-3 days. Wednesday passed, nothing, yesterday (Thursday) passed nothing. I was so mad. I had enlisted the services of my niece Shasta to make sure that if it came in the mail she needed to make sure that her mother wasn't allowed to open it until we had a chance to Skype so I could see her reaction. I figured for sure then that it would be there today. Luckily my sister was actually on an off day from the hospital not working so it was actually better. Around 12:30 ish she called and said it was there and that she was dying to open it. Unfortunately for her I was at work and couldn't Skype. For some reason my Facetime also wasn't working. I decided EFF THIS, I was way too anxious at this point and I just wanted her to open it. So I called her back after one of my conference calls at work and said get the girls around you because I wanted them to watch her open it too. It wasn't quite going to be the same but as soon as I heard her unwrap the bubble wrap and get quiet, I knew that she was getting teary eyed and that it worked!!
I think she called me a little witch. Funny enough it's what she's always done when I get her good :) I've never been more blessed to have her in my life and I'm so glad that she is going to be standing next to me on the most important and amazing day of my life!
I think she called me a little witch. Funny enough it's what she's always done when I get her good :) I've never been more blessed to have her in my life and I'm so glad that she is going to be standing next to me on the most important and amazing day of my life!


Don't worry I snapped a picture of the reaction to have and to put on your blog! But, consequently I snapped it in film... sooooo I have to get it developed first -___- and then scanned -___-. The few drawbacks of shooting on film. lol
ReplyDeleteAwesome I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a funny girl! I am soooooo glad to share this with you. The picture is perfect it completely depicts how I always think of you, as my sweet little baby sister. Thank you!
ReplyDelete