I feel like I'm going to say this every time but I just can't believe how fast the time has flown by. So much so that I had to already go back to work this month. How did 12 weeks fly by that fast? It meant the end of maternity leave and the dreaded day of leaving Rorie for the first time for an entire day. Until you have a child of your own I don't think you ever really understand how hard that day is. I've had plenty of friends have kids and do it. I've heard all the stories but there is just no worse feeling in the world that I've felt than that morning. I don't even think I made it five feet from our house before I started crying. And then just cried the whole way to work. It was horrible. Even leaving Rorie with my mom didn't make it any better, however I think about if I would have been leaving her with a stranger and I'm fairly certain that it would have been a million times worse. This past month wasn't all bad though. Rorie is starting to get a personality, she's starting to do a lot more, she's getting really smart. We've gotten pretty much settled into our new place now as well so everything just feels better. Here's to another month probably flying by!
How old: 3 Months
Weight: She's probably over 13 pounds at this point. Haven't been weighed since our last appointment.Height: I wanna say she's about 25.5 inches, which seems insane to me that she's already that tall.
Clothing size: Well we said goodbye to our 0-3 clothes. They just weren't long enough for us anymore. She's mostly in 3-6 month BUT I have a few 6 month outfits that fit. How is this possible???
Sleep: Roarin Rorie officially made the move to her big girl crib in her nursery. Mommy was a wreck. Of course she did amazing though. We're averaging 8-10 hour nights. We even got an 11 hour night a couple days ago! We are beyond lucky in the sleep department at night. During the day she hasn't really figured out a nap routine but as long as she still does what she does at night I don't really care about the day :)
Food: Still solely on breastmilk. Since I had to go back to work she's getting two bottles during the day. We've upped her to 6oz bottles and she's pounding them like nobody's business! We also changed her our of the level 1 nipples on her bottles to the 2's and she had zero issue with the transition. Seriously this little girl is a piggy!! With the new work schedule I'm having to pump during the day at work which totally sucks. I hate it. It's also made me realize how much I miss breastfeeding Rorie all day. I never thought I would hear those words come out of my mouth. I just really didn't think I was going to enjoy it, but I really miss it. So we just are nursing as soon as I get home and then at bed time :)
Activities: Our new play yard is getting a lot of use. We ended up getting one with lights and music and a rotating mobile with more toys so that there was more for her to see and touch. She loves it! We've also started hanging out in our Bumbo seat a bit since she's already starting to try and sit up!! And now that Gramma Dukes is back in town helping watch her they are taking lots of walks! Since the weather has finally decided to not be so hot it's been great to get her back out in the stroller for a nice walk!
Dislikes: If she's gotten fussy she hates when you sit down with her, MUST KEEP MOVING. Other than that we still don't dislike too much.
Mood: Still the happiest baby ever. Even her witching hour at night isn't as bad.
Best moment this month: There have been a few. Rolling over back to belly was kind of a big deal. Even though it only happened 4 times that day and she hasn't done it since! The other would have to be the first couple days I got back from work and having her recognize me and then smile and giggle. OMG it totally made me forget all about how much I had hated going back to work. That smile will always be my favorite thing!
Looking forward to: We have a few birthday parties to go to in the next few weeks for some friends of ours with kids who we haven't seen in a really long time. Can't wait for them to meet Rorie!





No comments:
Post a Comment