Saturday, May 23, 2015

Roarin Rorie Turns 10 Months



Age 10 Months
Weight If I had to guess maybe 20 lbs now.
Height Not 100% sure but maybe 29.5 inches

Clothing Size Pretty much only 12 month stuff.  Depending on the brand we have a few things that are 12-18 month.  And then there is seriously one pair of 3-6 month pants that I CANNOT part with, they are the simplest little gray knit pants from BabyGap but I honestly cannot find it in me to put them in the "too small" bin yet.  So their pretty much capris on her at this point LOL.






Sleep I don't even want to talk about sleep this past month.  Honestly this has been the worst month of sleep we've had to date.  I think this is the worst sleep I've had even including while I was pregnant.  We've pretty much been guaranteed at least 2-3 nights a week when she wants to just be up partying for 2-3 hours.  She wakes up super cranky, screaming, crying, but literally as soon as your in there she's fine.  I can't even nurse her back to sleep, she literally just wants to stay up and play.  So we usually end up in mommy and daddy's bed watching Kate and Mim Mim.  Yeah because now I know that is on during those hours.  It's so strange, I think in the beginning of this last month it was definitely her teeth but this last two weeks I haven't seen any signs of another tooth and she's not really miserable at all.  It's just plain awful and I'm exhausted.





Food Bottle strike day 142.  It's just funny at this point to keep tallying that number.  She's become a pretty decent eater though.  We do not do anymore jar foods.  We have some pouches on hand for when we go out just incase she refuses to eat something.  She's become a big fan though of Filet Mignon and Halibut.  Yeah she's got a fancy food taste.  She does super good with it though every time we've had it.  She also really likes chicken.  Does pretty good with chicken nuggets.  You'd be surprised at how just by it being a different type of chicken how her attitude about it changes.  She still really loves green beans and sweet potato fries. If I would let her she'd probably eat waffles and yogurt all day.  For a few days she was really into PB&J but she's been striking against that now for the last week.  Depending on the day she loves any kind of fruit.  Other days she's kind of over it.  We introduced adding cinnamon to some apple pieces and she really seemed to like that.  Overall I can't really complain too much about the eating department.  I am realizing though that i just need to figure out a better variety for her.  I've taken away one nursing a day so now we're down to 3 times.  My hope is to get rid of our other middle of the day feeding this month and get down to just a morning and a night by next month and then slowly start to try to night wean by the time she turns one. 





Activities We are just go go go.  She wants to walk so bad but she's still hesitant to let go. She'll do circles around the ottoman all day though.  And she loves pushing around her lion push toy.  She still loves rides in her pink car with our nanny during the day and we're still trying to get out on a walk every night.  She loves finding all of the door stopper springs and playing with them.  She thinks it's hilarious.  She has also found the cupboards as well.  Unfortunately for her the majority have been locked up.  We kept two unlocked and she's gotten into them a few times.  It's pretty funny.






Likes As much as I don't want to admit that she's watched some TV she LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Seriously when she sees Mickey on TV she gets the biggest cutest smile ever.  It's adorable.  And of course she LOVES to do the Hot Dog dance at the end of the episode.  It's our thing every morning right before Candace gets here.  So funny. She loves to ride in shopping carts and she has become a recent fan of the laundry baskets.  She's also really loving Ruxin right now.  And the more she keeps "dropping" food when she's eating the more he's going to come around with her too! 





Dislikes Not a fan of being told no sometimes now.  She's realizing more and more what that means and she wants to test the boundaries big time.  She hates sitting still on her changing table.  

Mood She's honestly a pretty happy kid about 90% of the time.  She's getting so much personality now, its super funny.






Best Moment This Month  She's honestly become so much fun all around everyday so it's hard to pick something specific.  But she did get to go on her first ride at Disneyland.  I made sure that it was DUMBO!  It's by far my favorite Disney movie of all time.  So it was pretty fun to do that with her.  We had to obviously do the classical carousel as well!  She seemed to enjoy both of them.  You can tell though that now that she's super mobile, containing her either in the stroller or carrying her all day there is not quite her cup of tea.  




Looking Forward To As much as i hate to say it....taking her birthday pics next month!  Mostly not liking it because it means my baby pretty much won't be a baby anymore, but I know we're going to have a great time taking her pictures.  I've been working so hard on this Lemonade stand for them and her party that I just really hope they turn out.  I also REALLY would like her to clearly say "mama or dada".  We're still not really there yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment