Thursday, October 31, 2013

Currently I am, Lately I've Been

I can't believe another month has flown by.  I mean seriously this year has just been kind of a blur.  But with that said....here's the haps this month.

#Watching -
 
Well in a matter of about 4 sittings I watched all of Season 1 of the Netflix series, "House of Cards".  Obsessed.  That show is amazing.  Here are a couple things I'd like to say about it though.  1, Frank and Claire's marriage pisses me off, I don't know why but it does. 2, I want Zoe and Lucas to just have a normal relationship, like a real one, I really love them together. 3, I get that won't happen because Zoe's character has to be a hoochey mama to get the stories she needs.  4, I really can't believe it's going to be a longer wait to see Season 2 of this show than it is to see Season 4 of Game of Thrones.
I also am full on obsessed with the new show Masters of Sex on Showtime.  I was finishing up an episode of Homeland during week 2 of Masters and decided to give it a shot since it was on right after.  Shit got damn if I didn't add that to the DVR immediately.  It just keeps getting better and better.
I got a little sick earlier this month and got into a few BBC shows.  Holy Hell, if you guys haven't watched The Fall.....DO IT.  Season 1 is available on Netflix, it's only 5 episodes.  It's awesome.
Other than that the usual fall schedule is in full swing.  Homeland is back, Walking Dead is back, American Horror story is back too.  I'm a happy girl, the DVR on the other hand is working overtime.


#Listening To - 
John Mayer is back in full rotation, and OFTEN.  I went to see him live for the 10th time earlier this month at the Hollywood Bowl (first time there) and my god he can do no wrong live.  Seriously he is a god and I heart him big time.  So of course I can't stop listening to him.  Phillip Phillips is even in rotation again because he opened for JM and killed it.  Kings of Leon is popping up again too and of course all my top 40 jams so I can keep the Spin lists poppin!

#Reading - 
Funny you should ask.  I actually co-started a Book Club this month called "Not Yo Mama's Book Club".  One of my childhood friends hit me up and basically told me I needed to #GetOnHerLevel and #NerdUp which FYI this translates into she needed some reading buddies to talk to about all these trashy books she's been reading.  So I said fine, I'd do it only if there was one rule.  The books needed to be saucy and / or scandalous.  She agreed, so the first read was Orange is the New Black.  I'm pretty excited because I literally was going to start watching the series on Netflix.   The book is proving to be excellent so it makes me even more excited to watch the show!


#Pinning - 
I've actually been in a bit of a Pinning slump.  I mean I've pinned a few things here and there lately.  A few Pilates/Fitness things, a couple recipes, some Christmas stuff, a few more baby things (future baby things).  But really haven't had a ton of time for my pinning binges.  Maybe next month....


#Eating - 
Ugh....when I have a lack of time to do anything, the eating usually goes down the shitter.  I still am being good about my Shakeology Shake every morning, but other than whatever I can swing is what is kind of going down right now.  Just really hectic schedules between Wesley and I.  He's working crazy hours.  If I'm not at my regular job I'm doing my Pilates certification stuff.  Ughg....I'll eat super super good again someday....


#Loving - 
The change of seasons.  Granted here in California you don't ever completely see the seasons change like I did growing up back in Western New York but you can definitely feel the change when Summer ends and we get a bit of the cooler fall temps.  I love that my Toms are now getting a lot more use.  My UGG boots get busted out almost every other day now.  Hoodie weather is here and I'm totally down with that.

#Anticipating - 
Holiday Season.  I love the holidays.  A lot.  Even being away from my family I've always still really enjoyed the holiday season.  I love decorating, literally I am dying for the day after Thanksgiving so I can put up the Christmas tree.  I love buying presents.  Surprisingly I don't like receiving them, I mean I do, but I don't care if I do.  I enjoy much more giving gifts!  Plans are still up in the air for Thanksgiving, but this year we'll be in California for Christmas since last year we were in Florida with my family.  It's the one holiday where we definitely alternate traveling to see my side of the family.


#Thankful For - 
Studio 5.  October marks one year since I was given the opportunity start teaching Spin classes.  Studio 5 also gave me so many great new friendships that I know are going to last a life time.  More importantly though it gave me a reason to really get serious about taking care of myself, both physically and mentally.  It's been about a year and a half since I started working out at the studio and ever since that day I vowed that I was going to make it important again to live a healthy lifestyle.  From making sure that I started taking care of my body both by exercising and controlling what I was eating the studio played a huge part in that.  I am forever thankful for all the changes that the studio helped me make and the ones it will help me make down the road.  


Here's to November......
xoxo
M-EFF

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, love this post! I keep meaning to watch House of Cards! Good to know it's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT!!! You have to watch House of Cards. It definitely creeped up onto my favorite TV show list.

      Delete